Telecoms Policy Review, World Bank’s Quality Assurance Group, Caribbean
For the World Bank, SDI assisted the Quality Assurance Group (QAG) in its review of Bank-endorsed telecommunications reform strategies design to introduce competition benefiting ICT exporter and educational institutions in the Eastern Caribbean. The project examined tradeoffs of strategic options for introducing competition in an environment dominated by incumbent telecommunications monopolies. Subsequent to the QAG engagement, the incumbent providers in the region opted to accept liberalization measures endorsed by the Bank.
The project benefited from the prior Caribbean field experience of SDI principals in promoting telecommunications pricing changes and stimulating exports of ICT services from countries including Jamaica, Barbados, Grenada, St. Vincent, Dominica, Costa Rica, and the Dominican Republic.
Sample Past Experiences
- Carbon Project Company Acquisition and Project Development
- Diaspora Linkages for ICT Growth, Sri Lanka
- Energy Efficiency Services, United States and Government Utilities in Europe, India, and Brazil
- Global Workforce in Transition, USAID Global IQC
- IT Workforce Strategy, Egypt
- Innovation Strategy, USAID, Pakistan
- Rural Electrification and Solar, USAID Bangladesh
- Solar PV Power Project Development, Finance, and Corporate Restructuring, Brazil
- Telecoms Policy Review, World Bank’s Quality Assurance Group, Caribbean