IT Workforce Strategy, Egypt
SDI has provided input on workforce development opportunities and strategies to leading Egyptian ICT firms, educational institutions, associations, and public sector organizations. SDI conducted a requirements analysis, drafted national strategy recommendations, engaged an ICT “Cluster Coach,” and prepared a prototype CD-ROM and web site (“IT Opportunities Portal”), introducing Egyptian ICT entrepreneurs to a range of telework export opportunities, free online business startup resources, and virtual internship/work-study opportunities.
SDI also identified opportunities for Egyptian micro-entrepreneurs to conduct credential-building outsourcing projects in transcription and graphics for prestigious U.S.-based education ventures, including Ideachannel.com.
Sample Past Experiences
- Carbon Project Company Acquisition and Project Development
- Diaspora Linkages for ICT Growth, Sri Lanka
- Energy Efficiency Services, United States and Government Utilities in Europe, India, and Brazil
- Global Workforce in Transition, USAID Global IQC
- IT Workforce Strategy, Egypt
- Innovation Strategy, USAID, Pakistan
- Rural Electrification and Solar, USAID Bangladesh
- Solar PV Power Project Development, Finance, and Corporate Restructuring, Brazil
- Telecoms Policy Review, World Bank’s Quality Assurance Group, Caribbean