Innovation Strategy, USAID, Pakistan
SDI worked with the Competitiveness Support Fund to develop an innovation strategy. SDI’s report was used to develop consensus among Government, private sector, and academic authorities regarding priorities for policy reform and for initiatives to boost the innovation initiatives in the country.
The strategy identified the bottlenecks and policy solutions for the infrastructure for innovation, University-Industry linkages, small business entrepreneurship, business model and technology acquisition, incubators and technology parks, intellectual property protection, government procurement policies and innovation. SDI developed the concept of the “quadruple helix” of innovation which explicates the critical interactions among the private sector, government, academia, and financial institutions.
Sample Past Experiences
- Carbon Project Company Acquisition and Project Development
- Diaspora Linkages for ICT Growth, Sri Lanka
- Energy Efficiency Services, United States and Government Utilities in Europe, India, and Brazil
- Global Workforce in Transition, USAID Global IQC
- IT Workforce Strategy, Egypt
- Innovation Strategy, USAID, Pakistan
- Rural Electrification and Solar, USAID Bangladesh
- Solar PV Power Project Development, Finance, and Corporate Restructuring, Brazil
- Telecoms Policy Review, World Bank’s Quality Assurance Group, Caribbean